Saturday, December 15, 2012

Idiom Illumination

You may already know that the words you attach to your everyday experiences have a direct and profound effect on how your body reacts to it and how it is perceived overall.  "I hate this!!" versus "maybe I can learn something out of this" and "they are sons of bitches" versus "I know they will get it sooner than later" and "I can do this" versus "there is no freakin' way", all can very much attribute to the outcome of each situation.  The kicker is the fact that you may not even really believe it.  Obviously the more you do believe the better the result but the simple task of making the choice to choose your words wisely can choose a better experience.

Filtering the words that come out of your mouth can help turn what seems to be a horrible or hopeless situation into a bearable or great one.  Now instead of saying "that's easier said then done", try saying, "yeah, I can do that and it will get easier as I go along."  Then watch more faith, love and happiness come into your life.  Let your words illuminate your experiences today.

No comments:

Post a Comment